Monday, October 17, 2011

Food for the soul

October 17, day 280 of 2101

Dear Dee,
Well, I finally got to see my granddaughter and she let me hold her. What a joy it was! It was one of the best days of my life. Ironic, I know, having one of the best days of my life happen in a place like this, but there you go. They came here on a Saturday and came back on Sunday. The first day was difficult because they couldn't bring in things to eat and drink, and we didn't know they had to have a stock of quarters to feed the vending machines. They came back the next day with lots of quarters and we got to visit for 4 or 5 hours. My granddaughter is not walking yet and was pretty mellow.

I noticed that when you sent me the sermon on addiction, that you had downloaded it from your church's website. I wonder if you would have the time and inclination to go there and pick some of your favorites to send me. I have decided to parcel them out to myself, reading one each Sunday morning in a sliver of time that I have reserved to feed my spirituality. They don't have to be germane to my situation as the previous one was. Anything that you find inspirational or uplifting would do. I just want to keep in touch with things that will make me think and feel. You will have my undying gratitude if you can do this.

Love, Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment